Health Facts: HIV & STD Prevention is a resource for helping young people take steps to protect themselves from STDs.
- Covers the most common types of STD and the behaviors that put teens at risk
- Presents information about the global HIV epidemic and how HIV affects the immune system
- Examines trends and influences on teens; sexual behavior, including peers and the media
- Discusses prevention, testing and treatment, and emphasizes responsible steps teens can take to reduce their risks
- Offers ideas for advocacy and service-learning projects